Saturday, February 3, 2024

6 years in (a) life

6 years today. 

I spent my last night in Sibiu at the hotel, with my parents. I was already renting out my apartment and my GM was kind to let me use one of the hotel suites. 

It felt incredibly awkward to be there for the last time. That hotel was my life. My only constant besides my friends. The only real, palpable thing. The place that fed me. The place that paid for my mortgage. The place that gave me sleepless nights yet Incredible satisfaction. Sheer joy.

I remember when we were finally opened for business and we were two F&B managers. I was the one with no hospitality experience whatsoever. The colleague who was training us told me: I see him dealing with the paperwork and you as the lady of the house.

And that's what I became. At least in my own eyes...

I had 2  fully packed suitcases. I had carefully selected what mattered most to me. The rest went away. In the end, my parents kept only my books. 

Fast forward 6 years, I yearn for my friends and family with the bittersweet guilt of having found other people who became my friends, my support in difficult times, my joy in good times, my confidantes... With the bittersweet guilt of living in a country that takes better care of me than the one I left behind...

I am slowly growing roots here. 

To many more!




No comments:

Post a Comment