Monday, August 12, 2024

Camping story

Andreea &Doru taught me how to pitch a tent that chilly autumn evening. They then made a dark joke about needing a hammer to knock the ice off me because my sleeping bag was totally wrong for the weather. That was 11 years ago, and ever since, I’ve only camped in sunny spots—preferably by the beach.

I still remember their little Primus stove and how our meals were mostly canned goulash, some slănină*, onions, bread, and maybe paté. We didn't need more. And I think we were happy.

It didn’t cross my mind to mention this to B earlier when he was pondering how people camped in the "olden days," while gazing at our current setup: a full-on camping kitchen with a fridge and a proper gas stove. When we camp, the food is as fancy as it gets. If you’ve ever joined our (mostly his*) dinners, you can imagine we don’t mess around, even in the wild. MasterChef on tour...He won't compromise at all 😅

Of course, it helps that the campsite facilities are top-notch (or close to that). Four years in, I can proudly say we’re as organized as any German campers! 😂

Beyond the pines, the sea stretches out. You can hear the waves splashing and a murmur of different languages fills the air.

No time for "summertime sadness".


No comments:

Post a Comment